The castle, which is one of the symbols of Alanya, the district of Antalya.
Alanya Castle is located on the peninsula rising up to 250 meters from the sea. The length of the walls is 6.5 kilometers. The settlement on the Alanya peninsula, which is also known as Kandeleri, descends until the Hellenistic period, but its historical texture that remains today is a 13 century Seljuk work. The castle was built by Seljuk Sultan Alaaddin Keykubat, who took and rebuilt the city in 1221. The castle has 83 towers and 140 bastions. In the middle ages, about 400 cisterns were built to provide water requirements for the city, which was placed inside the walls. Some of the cisterns are also used today. The walls were constructed in a planned way, by going down Ehmedek, İçkale, Adam Atağı, Cilvarda cape, Arab Evliya Burcu and Esat Burcu, passing Tophane and Tersane and ending in Kızılkule. At the top of the peninsula is the İçkale, which is considered as an Open Area museum. Sultan Alaaddin Built the Keykubat palace here. The settlement in the castle continues today. It is open to vehicle traffic. It can be taken off on foot in about an hour.